POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Post-frame: Execution of shellout bash prohibited Server Time
6 May 2024 13:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Post-frame: Execution of shellout bash prohibited (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jonathan Bush
Subject: Post-frame: Execution of shellout bash prohibited
Date: 31 Dec 2023 09:55:00
Message: <web.65917f58b3f06a406e558a71fde6c206@news.povray.org>
A large portion of my animation is static. To avoid generating the same image
repeatedly, I want to use a post-frame command. When the first frame of a static
interval is made, I want the post frame command to copy the generated image to a
/static subdirectory. For the remaining frames of the static interval, the
POVray code will produce a black frame, and then the post-frame command will
copy the previously generated static frame into the black frame.

Since the povray.ini file cannot be told which copy command to execute, I use
the post-frame command

bash ./fix.sh

where fix.sh is a text file that was written to by the POVray code.

When I try this, I get the error

Execution of shellout 'bash' prohibited

My OS is Linux Mint and my POVray build 3.7.0.10 is an unofficial version
compiled by Andreas Beckmann.

Is there any way I can get my bash command to execute?

Should I contact Mr. Beckmann?

Thank you.

Post a reply to this message