POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why is my POV-Ray render not matching my mesh model? : Re: Why is my POV-Ray render not matching my mesh model? Server Time
25 Oct 2024 19:53:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is my POV-Ray render not matching my mesh model?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Oct 2024 13:40:00
Message: <web.670d571c3d58ec0ed5cc4ae625979125@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> (Instead of using an interior_texture, you *could* place a red light_source
> *inside* the mesh object, and the lighting on the bad triangles would show up on
> the outside. I think!)

Very nice insight, Kenneth.
An interesting experiment would be to place 2 light sources of different color
on either side of the mesh.

I also wonder what that would yield if smooth_triangles were rendered, with 1
vertex set "up" or "toward", one perpendicular to the direction / parallel to
the view plane, and one "down" or "away".

- BW