POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bad values crash POV-Ray : Bad values crash POV-Ray Server Time
25 Oct 2024 19:52:59 EDT (-0400)
  Bad values crash POV-Ray
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Oct 2024 12:20:00
Message: <web.670d43f4a74e39ded5cc4ae625979125@news.povray.org>
I was experimenting with the mapping equations in:

https://archive.bridgesmathart.org/2018/bridges2018-59.pdf

and crashed POV-Ray (3.8) about 6 times.

I'm guessing it has to do with trying to take square roots of something divided
by 0, or 0/0.
I haven't had a chance to scribble out a minimal .pov script to see what
triggers it.

I also was not able to get the mapping to work correctly - I'm guessing that I'm
going to have to apply the _inverse_ of the mapping - but I'm out of practice,
and can't see an easy way to go about that.

Any suggestions?

- BW