POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.tutorials : Gamma and the sRGB Keywords in POV-Ray 3.7: a Tutorial : Re: Gamma and the sRGB Keywords in POV-Ray 3.7: a Tutorial Server Time
3 May 2024 19:32:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma and the sRGB Keywords in POV-Ray 3.7: a Tutorial
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 23 Apr 2024 06:30:00
Message: <web.66278d00b1d4fdc11f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"ingo" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Maybe our Cousin can add a simple demo what srgb input results in what rgb being
> used?

I totally agree about the darkroom - with the timer and trays - and the
thermometer.  Ansel Adams taught me a lot.

And we _have_ covered this topic extensively, and it's likely time that we ALL
put our heads together and hammered out some good macros with commentary, and
then putting together a scene / graph / animation would be trivial.

A spreadsheet would not be a bad idea either.

https://news.povray.org/web.5f8cb1fd76c60ba81f9dae300%40news.povray.org
https://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.60649d9bb9b7dccdd98418916e066e29%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=434374

I do believe it was stated somewhere above that POV-Ray takes into account the
effective scene gamma... so I would recommend digging around in the source code.

- BE