POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.tutorials : Gamma and the sRGB Keywords in POV-Ray 3.7: a Tutorial : Re: Gamma and the sRGB Keywords in POV-Ray 3.7: a Tutorial Server Time
4 May 2024 00:03:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma and the sRGB Keywords in POV-Ray 3.7: a Tutorial
From: ingo
Date: 23 Apr 2024 01:25:00
Message: <web.662744bab1d4fdc117bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>

> Can we do gamma again?  Oh please oh please oh please.....     ;)

Maybe our Cousin can add a simple demo what srgb input results in what rgb being
used?

#version 3.8;
global_settings{ assumed_gamma 1.0 }

#for (i,0,1,0.1)
  #declare c = srgb i;
  #debug concat(str(i,0,2)," : ",vstr(3,c,", ",0,2), "\n")
#end

maybe add splines to it to show the relationship.

or the relation with gamma in photography how exposure time and development time
influence gamma while having the same min and max density as a result. And how
you can play with photographic paper to compensate for gamma errors a bit or use
it for artistic expression, kind of changing assumed_gamma .... sorry, got
carried a way, thoughts of red lights and darkrooms

ingo