POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Help minimizing pre-processing graphic for A* pathfinding : Re: Help minimizing pre-processing graphic for A* pathfinding Server Time
3 May 2024 13:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help minimizing pre-processing graphic for A* pathfinding
From: ingo
Date: 21 Apr 2024 01:55:00
Message: <web.6624a90be0fc61c517bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>

> So I ran A* on a simple map of the warehouse, and it does OK.
> It does take longer than I'd like to scan the image and generate the arrays of
> walkable vs non-walkable pixels, and then again to solve the "maze".

The print factory where I worked (solvent based rotogravure printing) was
sectioned. Huge safety doors would close of sections in case of emergency.
People would try to outrun the closing of these doors, the building is 250 m
long with 5 sections. Not a situation you want.

To get proper routes out we added more outside gathering points for
people(counting). Maybe adding an extra gathering point (green dot?) on the
other side of the building works?

ingo