POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Details on layered textures/materials : Re: Details on layered textures/materials Server Time
3 May 2024 02:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Details on layered textures/materials
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Apr 2024 11:55:00
Message: <web.66101da65a5579642050aafd25979125@news.povray.org>
> Question to BE:
>
> Why has there to be at the end of the macro /twice/ an - exactly
> identical - declaration of M_Granite? if you take out (any) one of them,
> you get a parse error: "Cannot pass uninitialized identifier to
> non-optional LValue."
>
> Otherwise, works fine indeed.
>
> --
> Thomas

I dunno - in the 10 minutes that furiously scribbled out that code this morning,
I was wondering the same thing.
All I did was edit the macro I have stored in my TdG directory, so you musat
have put it there for a reason.

This is why I have kept saying that there is some phantom bug that has crept
into the codebase that no one has recognized or isolated.

It would be interesting to see if the same thing happens when using 3.7 or even
3.6.

I would like POV-Ray to state exactly WHICH uninitialized identifier it's
talking about, so we lowly users can find the problem.

Maybe add some ifdef() statements in there to debug things and see what gives.

- BE