POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Details on layered textures/materials : Re: Details on layered textures/materials Server Time
3 May 2024 10:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Details on layered textures/materials
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Apr 2024 07:05:00
Message: <web.660fda615a5579641f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> Hmmm... doesn't seem to be as /simple/ as that... Have you tried this? I
> am getting nowhere [drives me crazy indeed]

OK, I think you misunderstood what needed to be done.

Change the outside material {} wrapper to texture {}
REMOVE all of the texture {} statements inside, leaving only the texture names.

That all works - the only thing I couldn't get to work is the Crand, because the
#local/#declare thing in macros is still messed up.

#version 3.8;
global_settings {assumed_gamma 1}

camera {
 location <0, 0, -5>
 right x*image_width/image_height
 up y
 look_at <0, 0, 0>
 rotate y*clock*360
}

sky_sphere {pigment {rgb 1}}

light_source {<100, 100, -500> rgb 1}

#include "Granite_Texture.mcr"

#declare Tex = Granite_21 ()

sphere {0, 1 texture {Tex}}

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'granite_texture.mcr.txt' (22 KB)