POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Progress on anniversary scene : Re: Progress on anniversary scene Server Time
3 May 2024 03:45:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progress on anniversary scene
From: Mr
Date: 19 Mar 2024 08:50:00
Message: <web.65f989ab1e38ca9316086ed06830a892@news.povray.org>
> > * Did you use importance sampling?
>
> Yes, in the updated scene only.

Then did you check by putting explicit importance values everywhere that your
samples may no longer get lost on far off  or less valuable areas?

> > * Did you use *any* fresnel outside reflection block?
> > * Did you use albedo keyword?

Since both of these are newer features, does deactivating them everywhere solve
the excessive light?

> > * Did you use conserve_energy for all reflective materials?
>
> Yes, on non-metallic materials only, in both scenes.

Strange, I would use it primarily on metallic materials, am I completely wrong
in this usual workflow assumption? or is yours a result of some other
constraint?