POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : L-Systems in Povray : Re: L-Systems in Povray Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:49:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: L-Systems in Povray
From: Droj
Date: 6 Jun 2023 16:20:00
Message: <web.647f90f4453cebfcf62c2adc3b2af915@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Droj" <803### [at] drojde> wrote:
> > > grab the code and experiment. ...
> >
> > thanks for your advice. It will all take a WHILE. Have to learn coding first.
>
> heh, don't beat yourself up.  since you've been "using Povray (as a bloody user
> of course) for more than 35 years", I'm pretty sure you won't .. faint at the
> sight of a '#while' :-).
>

> regards, jr.

Hi jr,

not faint at the sight of a #while but of (a) 35 years WHILE I've been missing
crucial things in Povray :-)).

Being a _bloody_user_only (starting with Povray 2.? and Moray 1.5, MS DOS
versions) now 'wasted WHILE time' strikes back.

I feel like Ingo got me by the 'short hair': I am able to use a macro (most of
the times), sometimes adapt something (happy when it works, if not: depressed),
understanding the concept (sometimes - more or less - not 'word by word') but
separating positions and angles for 3D / creating a LIFO array - that's way
beyond me.

I'll try to do my best but to cover that gap is a huge thing. At least I could
add something to Ingo's code to produce the 'Pentaplexity' (still crude using
Ingo's words).

Thanks for cheering me up

Cheers, Droj

Post a reply to this message