POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Object Collection rules review : Re: Object Collection rules review Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Collection rules review
From: jr
Date: 5 Jun 2023 11:40:00
Message: <web.647dffadff2c31c2b49d80446cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> > The main considerations are the license, namespace compliance, and what
> > files should be bundled.
> the GNU/CC licensing and the ASCII only issues have been mentioned, and, final
> decision pending, will be acted on.  ...

the licensing mention/requirements have been updated, the text only uses 'GNU',
and files can be submitted with either 'GNU-LGPL' or 'CC-LGPL.'

the remaining item (another request for help :-)) is replacing the
'cc-LGPL-a.png'; would appreciate if you could suggest (locate! :-)) a suitable
file; same  WxH, and ideally monochrome (the latter just a personal preference).
 tia.

elsewhere you wrote:
> I have updated the procedural wood texture I used for my hand plane,
> prepared it for the Object Collection when it comes back online ...

currently faced with .pov etc files having different mimetypes/'signatures' if
they include utf-8.  to (mis)use Leroy's phrase: 'Have Fun!' </grin>

regards, jr.