POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 : Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 23:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 May 2023 12:15:00
Message: <web.64737dddcfce83799b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>

> It seems that the /special/ DLL provided by Moray to communicate with
> POV-Ray, only works with version 3.5. When you have installed POV-Ray
> v3.5 you can see at the top "GUI-Extensions" and within "Moray
> Communications DLL" which is probably installed there I guess, the first
> time you link both apps. Somehow, Moray is unable to link that DLL with
> a more recent version of POV-Ray.

 Aha! That's very interesting, and probably the most important clue to the
problem I'm having. Thanks for the info!

From my own tests with the changed library path, I was genuinely surprised that
Moray could even fire up POV-ray v3.7/3.8 automatically. So it does seem that
Moray is *trying* to make the 'tandem' connection with it...but something goes
wrong during the process.

Meanwhile, I hope I can find POV-ray v3.5 available somewhere...