POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I need an Earth height feild map! : Re: I need an Earth height feild map! Server Time
26 Apr 2024 06:47:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need an Earth height feild map!
From: Leroy
Date: 18 May 2023 13:00:00
Message: <web.6466592a55cd5e4fb2cda1d2f712fc00@news.povray.org>
> "Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> > > So,  I have two in my directory for the POV-Planet.
> > >
> > > One is 21600 x 10800, and is 5.89 MB.
> > >
> > > The other is 4320 x 2160, and is 1.98 MB.
> > >
> > > I can post the small one here if you'd like, or email you the large one.
> > >
> > >  - BE
> >
> > I'll try the small one :), you can place it here.:)
> > Thank a lot! I knew someone would have something.
>
> Sure thing.
>
> - BE

Sorry, not what I wanted. I need to see the under the oceans.
But I'll add it to my collection!

So.. I took the image that had 204 colors and with POV made my own.
Using a image_map function and a large array I was able to push the colors to
the top of the palette. Then with an image_map from another Image to fill the
bottom of the palette. And saved it all with just using POV!

It could be better, it could be worst. but here it is.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'earthbump.jpg' (649 KB)

Preview of image 'earthbump.jpg'