POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Using phong with shadowless : Re: Using phong with shadowless Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:04:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using phong with shadowless
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 20 Nov 2022 16:25:00
Message: <web.637a99ec32973d7d892957989db30a9@news.povray.org>
> While experimenting with some code, I was using a shadowless light, and noticed
> that I wasn't getting a phong highlight on a sphere with that finish.
>
> Is this for some reason the intended behaviour, or an actual bug?

It looks like a bug to me. I can confirm that the behavior is the same for
POV-Ray for Windows Version 3.7.0.msvc10.win64 (The official version)

Here's a minimal scene for v3.7:

// ===== 1 ======= 2 ======= 3 ======= 4 ======= 5 ======= 6 ======= 7

#version 3.7;

global_settings { assumed_gamma 1.0 }

sphere {
    0*z, 2
    texture {
        pigment { color blue 0.2 }
        finish { phong 1 }
    }
}

background { color rgb <1.0, 1.0, 0.8> }

light_source {
    100*<1, 1, -2>
    color rgb <1, 1, 1>
    shadowless