POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Overlaying object over an image : Re: Overlaying object over an image Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:31:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Overlaying object over an image
From: jr
Date: 23 Jul 2022 09:25:00
Message: <web.62dbf6528506b8621be3cd4b6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"6digit" <eob### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> all I want to do is overlay a line over the image that was imported into povray.
> when I use povrays primitive objects they seem not to be behind the imported
> image. I say this because they are not coming up at all.
>
> so how do I make the object show over the imported image

conceptually:

    +--------------------+
    | box w image_map    |
    +--------------------+

    +--------------------+
    | "box" for line(s)  |

         -+---+-
           \ /  camera
            *

(where I'm "looking" down the Y axis.  the quoted "box" is not a primitive, but
simply to highlight the space.

if you posted a (simplified) version of your code, I/we could, likely, provide
better advice.

regards, jr.