POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Minimum Distance Function : Re: Minimum Distance Function Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:04:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimum Distance Function
From: jr
Date: 13 Jul 2022 09:50:00
Message: <web.62cecca56fb4e4481be3cd4b6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"jceddy" <jce### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Either there is a bug in my kd-tree implementation, ...
> ... using the nearest-vertex test, and then
> added some code to find the nearest vertex by using a brute-force check of *all*

thinking, re "nearest neighbour", perhaps the implementation that comes with the
GTS library "tools" may be of use?  written by Sunil Arya & David Mount, "ANN:
Approximate Nearest Neighbours" (though they spell it without the 'u' :-)), I
have a version from May 2005 installed; sorry, no ref link.

regards, jr.