POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Minimum Distance Function : Re: Minimum Distance Function Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:03:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimum Distance Function
From: jceddy
Date: 7 Jul 2022 18:00:00
Message: <web.62c756d26fb4e448a6ee740d5d51d79c@news.povray.org>
> I'll work on this more today, and be back later with a link to my github fork.

My fork is over here: https://github.com/jceddy/povray

If you search for "minimum" you are going to find most of my changes.

You can create a minimum distance function with:

#declare fn = function { minimum_distance { object } };

The minimum distance pattern allows a little more control over the simulated
annealing step, but I am currently working on additional changes to expose all
of the relevant tweakable parameters.

At any rate, if you take a look at how I ma using Find_Intersection in the
MinimumDistanceSolver class, that is basically the core trace() functionality
that you had mentioned you are interested in exposing via a function.