POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snow and Ice : Re: Snow and Ice Server Time
28 Mar 2024 20:39:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snow and Ice
From: Chris R
Date: 20 Jan 2022 13:50:00
Message: <web.61e9aec1c38762a14c33eaed5cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > I am wondering if it would be possible to just turn on SSLT for the snow at the
> > edge of the roof closest to the camera?
> >
> > -- Chris R.
>
> No, unless the edge is a different object than the rest of the snow.
> What you can do is to reduce the quality, take less samples.

I guess what I'm wondering is if I had a version of the texture (T1) with sslt
enabled, and another version without (T2), and then used

texture {
   gradient x
   texture_map {
      [0.0 T1]
      [0.75 T1]
      [0.75 T2]
      [1.00 T2]
   }
}

Would I get the slowdown from SSLT over the whole object, or just the portion of
the last 25% of the object in the X direction?

-- Chris R.