POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wave function collapse algorithm : Re: Wave function collapse algorithm Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wave function collapse algorithm
From: Samuel B
Date: 18 Nov 2021 18:05:00
Message: <web.6196dafae205fdd1cb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
"BayashiPascal" <bai### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following the post from Bill Pragnell, I took time this week end to implement
> the wave function collapse algorithm in a POV-Ray script. It's explained in
> details in an article on my website:
> https://baillehachepascal.dev/2021/pov_wave_collapse.php
> and the code is available at the end of the article.
> As an example of use, there is a random pendant generator (see image attached).
> I hope it will be useful to someone here and hope to see some nice things made
> with it. If help is needed I'll be happy to support.

Good work, Pascal. And a nice rundown regarding some contingencies one might
implement for contradicting cells.

I still wonder, though, if square/cube marching might not be more useful for
many similar scenarios. Used in combination with maze-finding algorithms, one
could get some reasonable results.

Downloaded the source. I might just check out your code sometime in the future;
thanks for making it available!

Sam