POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Floors, rails, stairs and roofs : Re: Floors, rails, stairs and roofs Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:11:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Floors, rails, stairs and roofs
From: BayashiPascal
Date: 11 Nov 2021 18:35:00
Message: <web.618da7f425350355c7449d78e0f8c582@news.povray.org>
> Been doodling.
>
> I'm not even sure if I had anything specific in mind when I started this, it was
> a what-if situation that sort of ran away with itself. It's only partially
> parametrized, so not yet something that could easily be deployed into a more
> coherent scene.
>
> It's basically a field of cells with some simple rules governing each cell's
> contents, initial placement based on arbitrary geometry. I'd say at least half
> the code is concerned with the stairs. It could be adapted to make balconies,
> galleries or battlements for buildings... another half-finished tool for the
> toolbox :)
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

Very well done !
I enjoy as much looking at the picture as thinking about how you did it. And I
was going to ask you the same as Samuel B. about wave function collapse.
I also wonder what a walk would look like in that maze. Maybe you could make an
animation out of it. Take a random cell on the surface of the sphere, perform a
random walk following the cells rules until you reach another surface's cell,
interpolate the camera position smoothly along the traversed cells...
Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Pascal
(thinking it's been way too long he hasn't done anything just for leisure
purpose using Pov... :( )