POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent Objects Become Black : Re: Transparent Objects Become Black Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:11:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent Objects Become Black
From: jr
Date: 11 Nov 2021 10:20:00
Message: <web.618d339528696f32d6c295506cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"bubble_person" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hello Forum,
>
> I am relatively new to POV-RAY, but have a functional script .
>
> I am simulating air bubbles in a glass tube full of gel.  I am running into a
> funny problem where, if I add too many bubbles to the script, they go from being
> transparent and rendered correctly, to a completely opaque, black object through
> which no light shines.

not sure if it will help, or is even related to "the issue", but if I change the
"bubble_r" to "(bubble_r - epsilon)" in the five spheres following comment "Add
Bubble Voids here", they're visible.

quick comment re "new to POV-Ray".  you have five identical (apart from
location) spheres.  have a look at macros, they're ideal in such a situation.
<https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:User_Defined_Macros#The_macro_Directive>

regards, jr.