POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Luna, Moon... desert satellite : Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:02:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Sep 2021 10:40:00
Message: <web.613f623e756c3d5a4cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Just testing out some moon maps.
>
> Final render in this series. Zoom in to see all the details.

Superb. With a jet and its contrail superimposed (just for scale) we would be
hard-pressed to discern a difference from a real late-afternoon photo, made with
a telescopic lens.

> P.S. If you look closely, you'll find some interesting things...

> > [Thomas]
> > The short answer, for both features: Lunar Rills --> either collapsed or
> > not, lava tunnels.

On the infallible internet, I've read that such features are caused by roving
herds of Moon Calves munching on moon dust-- with the resulting 'production' of
methane clouds. Stinky methane wind, a little-known secret of the Moon...