POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Canvas and cross-stitching simulation : Re: Canvas and cross-stitching simulation Server Time
25 Oct 2024 19:52:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Canvas and cross-stitching simulation
From: yesbird
Date: 5 Oct 2024 08:28:22
Message: <670130e6$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/10/2024 08:43, Ilya Razmanov wrote:
> That's because it's POVRay rendering quality ;-)
YES !

> But well, the company which paid for that was devoured by something bigger, and
> this bigger decided to bury a lot of stuff rather than digest the devoured.

I have the same sad experience - 25 years ago.

> I'm trying to push as much work as possible to POVRay, since it's not
> only uses text format even I can understand and make programs output to,
> but also releases me from writing a lot of programming stuff myself ;-)

This is the reason I like it and continue using it while a lot of new
modern raytracers around, moreover it's free. :)

Back to embroidery - Wilcom has a non-free REST-service that converts
embroidery machine formats (DST, PES, HUS) to PNG.DST is the
post popular and well known:
https://edutechwiki.unige.ch/en/Embroidery_format_DST

Don't you see some niche here for your next project ? ;)
--
YB