POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3-D printing via 3D SLICER app-- step by step : Re: 3-D printing via 3D SLICER app-- step by step Server Time
3 May 2024 11:02:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3-D printing via 3D SLICER app-- step by step
From: Ilya Razmanov
Date: 12 Apr 2024 01:37:31
Message: <6618c89b$1@news.povray.org>
On 11.04.2024 20:05, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Also, I have an STL file that I need to edit (enlarge a USB connector hole) - do
> you have any recommendations for a good STL editor (free).

Simplest way for Windows seem to be 3D Builder from Microsoft Store - it
does complain about some stl files and promises to fix them.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be forced to say the reason for
complains, neither it does seem to export text stl, only binary one,
which I cannot understand, so I can't understand what happened.

So I'm also rather interested in seeing some stl validator/fixer,
preferrably small, and verbose enough for me to understand what's going on.

--
Ilyich the Toad
https://dnyarri.github.io/