POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Details on layered textures/materials : Re: Details on layered textures/materials Server Time
3 May 2024 09:54:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Details on layered textures/materials
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Apr 2024 02:15:18
Message: <660f96f6$1@news.povray.org>
Op 04/04/2024 om 18:12 schreef Alain Martel:

> Essentially, a material is just a wrapper for a texture plus an
> interior. So, if there is no interior, a material is effectively another
> name for a texture.

Yes, that is what I have always assumed. So, if something (a simple
macro) did work fine inside the original - material-based - granite
macro, and it does not when the material wrap is taken away, this could
mean that the original code worked fine... for the wrong reasons!

I have to think about this a bit more and explore deeper. I am not
satisfied yet...

Anyway, if the code generated by Chris R works fine, there is no reason
to avoid its use indeed, but it revealed something imho.

--
Thomas