POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space Cargo (WIP 3) : Re: Space Cargo (WIP 3) Server Time
3 May 2024 01:33:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Cargo (WIP 3)
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 30 Mar 2024 01:26:51
Message: <6607a29b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 29.03.24 14:25, jr wrote:

> very nice.  had concerns not seeing a "hatch" :-) but then spotted what looks
> like a ramp.  the pods give me a "wooden" impression, somehow; and now, not
> having the required education, I'm wondering how dehydrated + compressed wood
> "panels" would perform in space.

Most likely surprisingly well - see here:
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/07/asia/japan-wooden-satellite-scn-spc/index.html

15 years earlier, this would have been a nice "cultural boost" for the
then-emerging indie-folk "lumbersexual" scene (or vice versa), many
would have been eager to wait for seeing the Fleet Foxes floating around
in an orbital log cabin...

Wood is good! Just ask a Nuristani...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar