POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Procedural wood textures : Procedural wood textures Server Time
26 Apr 2024 04:05:58 EDT (-0400)
  Procedural wood textures
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 4 Jun 2023 11:55:10
Message: <647cb3de$1@news.povray.org>
I have updated the procedural wood texture I used for my hand plane,
prepared it for the Object Collection when it comes back online, and
posted it to GitHub.  This is the wood texture that held up my POV-Ray
25th anniversary tribute scene.  The main sticking point has been
finding a normal function for grain that is tapered, rather than
parallel.  But this has gone on too long for me not to share what I
have; besides, for any taper gradual enough to use as lumber, the
difference in appearance should be minimal (I think).

As it stands, this module does not accept user-defined color maps.  I am
wondering whether I should add such a capability.

https://github.com/CousinRicky/POV-RC3Wood