POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : miller studio space : Re: miller studio space Server Time
26 Apr 2024 09:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: miller studio space
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 May 2023 02:23:53
Message: <6471a1f9@news.povray.org>
Op 26/05/2023 om 16:06 schreef Alain Martel:
> Le 2023-05-24 à 13:01, Mike Miller a écrit :
>
>> Thanks, I have not worked with POV's radiosity much. It can be very
>> slow on
>> complex scenes. I've been able to 'fake-it' with using only area
>> lights. I'm
>> sure I need to upgrade my hardware...requires wife intervention. ugg.
>>

>> Mike.
>>

> Radiosity tend to dislike scenes with a lot of reflective and
> transparent objects.
>
> If that's your case, it MAY be worth it doing a multi-pass render.
> A pass without most of the reflection and with the transparent objects
> removed where you save the radiosity data.
> Use higher quality radiosity settings.
> Then, a second pass with all the reflections and transparent objects
> where you load the previously generated radiosity data. Use relaxed
> radiosity settings.
> As I have no personal experience with that technique, I can't give you
> advice about the details.

1) A bit old by now maybe, but I guess still valid for current versions:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C4e81db88@news.povray.org%3E/

2) The attached pdf is a compilation about the subject, starting in
2008, but towards the end there are some more recent tips and tricks
which may be of interest.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'clipkas pov-ray voodoo - radiosity.pdf' (119 KB)