POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh camera for UV-mapping output : Re: mesh camera for UV-mapping output Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh camera for UV-mapping output
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 17 Nov 2022 16:13:02
Message: <6376a3de$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/14/22 11:11, And wrote:
> I always use this setting:
>
> Antialias=On
> Antialias_Threshold=0.05
> Sampling_Method=1
> Antialias_Depth=4

Saw the other post. For AA, it'd be interesting to see if

Antialias_Threshold=0.015
Sampling_Method=2

gives a better / different result.

---
Aside: There is too method 3, but unsure where uberPOV is with respect
to that code. UberPOV's implementation of method 3 came first and did
not match exactly what made it into v3.8/v4.0 - IIRC. Further, I believe
it still the case, all the official implementations have the potential
run-away / run to max samples issue when one or more color channels goes
negative(a,b) due floating point rounding errors.

(a) - The runaway situation consumes a lot of time, but also is where I
suspect method 3 returns the best end result.

(b) - The fix, posted about somewhere in the newsgroups, was to add code
which clamps all negative color channel values to zero so that sqrt()
functions used by method 3 are happy.

Bill P.