POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring : Re: Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring Server Time
24 Apr 2024 04:36:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface from magnitude of complex function with domain coloring
From: Alain Martel
Date: 24 Dec 2021 13:16:26
Message: <61c60e7a$1@news.povray.org>

https://matlabarticlesworld.blogspot.com/2020/01/what-is-coolest-thing-you-can-do-with.html

>> The colors are chosen so that the hue follows the phase (or argument) of the
>> function, while the lightness goes from 0.0 to 0.5 in intervals along the height
>> axis. The saturation is 100% everywhere.
>>
>> --
>> Tor Olav
>> http://subcube.com
>> https://github.com/t-o-k
>

> Very nice.
>
> The "multi-layered" aspect of the result is intriguing me. Does it come from a
> property of the function you've choosen, or from the way you choose to visualise
> it ?
>
> Pascal

Do you mean the repeating gradient ?
It comes from the way the «V» of the HSV value is computed, and values
larger than 1 get their integer part zeroed.

Then, it's mapped to a 0..0.5 range.

It could look something like this :
colour_map{
	[0 hsv2rgb(<Hvalue, 1, 0>)]