POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fluorapophyllite-(K) : Re: Fluorapophyllite-(K) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:08:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fluorapophyllite-(K)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Nov 2021 08:47:40
Message: <619264fc$1@news.povray.org>
Op 10-11-2021 om 08:11 schreef Thomas de Groot:

> To tell the truth, I really do not know /how/ the different ior's are
> treated together. Afaik, this is not explained in the wiki pages. To
> keep on the safe side, I kept the inclusion's ior at 1.0 which is
> cheating of course, but at least I was not confronted to strange
> effects. On my ToDo list I have put some ior experiments...

Here it is. I replaced the cloud of inclusions by just one large blob
inclusion with its own ior (salt water) and its own (coloured)
absorption media. Indeed, there is no interaction between the different
media colours (crystal and inclusion) or ior differences. Good to know! :-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'nested media_test4.jpg' (62 KB)

Preview of image 'nested media_test4.jpg'
nested media_test4.jpg