POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granites Intermezzo : Re: Granites Intermezzo - graveyard geology Server Time
26 Apr 2024 23:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granites Intermezzo - graveyard geology
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 May 2021 08:39:30
Message: <608e9d82$1@news.povray.org>
Op 2-5-2021 om 11:10 schreef jr:
> hi,

>> Op 01/05/2021 om 17:22 schreef jr:
>> Closer to home (Europe) the cores of the Alps are granites. Bretagne,
>> Scandinavia and Scotland are also ancient mountain range cores were
>> granites are common.
>
> in Aberdeen it's in the "moniker" - "granite city".
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen#Landmarks>

I didn't know that :-)

You may be interested, like others, now that we are concentrating on
granites (and other rocks) as used in monuments, by the following text I
came across on the web today:

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/earth-sciences/sites/earth-sciences/files/earth_sciences_geotrail_graveyard_geology.pdf

Very instructive reading indeed.

--