POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Doc question : Re: Doc question Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doc question
From: Peter Popov
Date: 1 Dec 1999 03:48:21
Message: <zd9EOMgDHR+lqY5g5JvdArGlgSVL@4ax.com>
On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:13:18 -0500, Charles Fusner <cfu### [at] enternet>
wrote:

>Almost. ALT is a property of images, not HREFs. Originally to
>specify an alternate text to display on non-graphical browsers,
>some browsers will now display ALT text as a tooltip when you
>hover over the images (whether or not they are links).

IE, NS and Opera do this. I've used no other graphical browser.

I don't know, isn't messing the status line considered bad taste? And
how about those browsers that do not support javascript or the user
has chosen to disable it?

>The style sheet declaration (unless you already use an external
>CSS file for your styles, use this inside the <HEAD> of your
>HTML file):
>
><STYLE type="text/css">
>    A.Tips { text-decoration: none; color: #0000FF; }
></STYLE>
>
>This declares all "A" tags of the class "Tips" to be non-
>underlined and blue. Now write your "links" like this...
><a name="#here"></a>
>    onMouseOver="window.status='...Brings up this comment'; return
>true;"
>    onMouseOut="window.status=''; return true;">
> This text...
></a>
>
>Example above assumes you are on a page called "thispage.html"
>so if your visitor clicks your flagged text (which you didn't
>mean to be a link) it'll just loop him back to the current point,
>no harm done. The text will be blue, but not underlined, and will
>still display the status line text onMouseOver and clear it
>again on MouseOut.

When navigating to an anchor, IE scrolls the page so that the anchor
is on the topmost line. So it won't just loop you back to the current
point. Can't one use an empty string for an href?

>Charles

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700