POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: png support : Re: png support Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: png support
From: Alan Kong
Date: 6 Oct 1999 06:31:07
Message: <ySL7N2+c65DTCaZyarnAZMuH=gQH@4ax.com>
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999 17:48:27 -0400, Pierre Abbat <phm### [at] oltronicsnet> wrote:

>I made some pngs with pov and tried to convert them with pngtopnm | cjpeg.
>pngtopnm output a black picture and segfaulted; cjpeg did not recognize the
>input as ppm. I then made pov output a ppm and ran cjpeg on it and it's fine.

  Hi, Pierre. I do not use these utilities but POV-Ray uses the PiNG
standard code supplied by the PiNG (.png) Development Team. In the past we
have found that some applications were not compliant with all aspects of the
.png specification.

  I saw your other posts in this group, replying to articles posted in
January and April of this year, and wanted to mention that this server still
shows all articles ever posted (with the exception of cancelled posts) so
you might want to reset the retrieval date on your newsreader to gather only
more recent posts. I consider a thread whose last reply is three or four
days old to be a little bit old to reply to, at least on this server.

  Thanks for your participation.

--
Alan