POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray problem : Re: Povray problem Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray problem
From: Alan Kong
Date: 18 Nov 1999 06:11:00
Message: <y90zOBT67SRm0ya3tQpwit5vOJeJ@4ax.com>
On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 00:26:57 -0500, "Bill DeWitt" <the### [at] earthlinknet>
wrote:

>    Unfortunately both the Agent, the NetScape and the reinstall of MSOE
>were two or more days before this. I am almost completely sure that I
>rebooted since then and I use Povray every day. But just to make sure I
>uninstalled everything and then reinstalled Povray and I still have the
>problem.

  Bill, does POV-Ray render scenes without apparent problems, such as
unexplained crashes? I ask because I had an elusive problem with
intermittent crashing of various programs but POV-Ray was almost certain to
crash (GPF) during longer renders. Took me months to figure out that one of
my RAM chips had gone south (tried re-seating them first, to no avail).