POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : help debug my 1.1 mechsim anim : Re: help debug my 1.1 mechsim anim Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:44:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help debug my 1.1 mechsim anim
From: Mike Williams
Date: 19 Oct 2004 10:18:55
Message: <xmmP2AATwRdBFwDM@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Greg M. Johnson who wrote:
>okay cool, thanks for the info.
>
>How would one simply add a sphere?

I believe that in 1.1 you can use any object as the environment, so that
presumably allows you to something like this:

#declare Obj_Env = union {
  object {plane2}
  sphere {0,1}
}

environment {
  object Obj_Env
  stiffness 240000
  damping 35000
  friction 0.2, 1.001
}

Or you can combine two functions, which will also work with versions
that only work with particular types of object.

#declare fn_Env = function { min( (z+x) , f_sphere(x,y,z,1) ) }

environment {
  function { fn_Env(x, y, z) }
  stiffness 240000
  damping 35000
  friction 0.2, 1.001
}

[If you use both an object and a function, it ignores the object.]

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure