POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transmit > 1 ? : Re: Transmit > 1 ? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transmit > 1 ?
From: Glen Berry
Date: 21 May 2000 16:35:19
Message: <x0coOb31QOEoE+Su=MhGet4kPI2L@4ax.com>
On 10 May 2000 10:09:54 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  Changing the frequency of the light is not the same thing as changing it's
>strength (ie. amplitude).

J. Grimbert gave examples of two totally different concepts. In the
*first* example, he described Light Amplification by Stimulated
Emission of Radiation, the classic laser concept. This certainly *is*
an example of changing amplitude.

What I'd like for someone to invent are light-intensifying window
panes. You could look outside your home or car at night, and be able
to see as well as in full daylight - and in full color as well. Before
that happens, reverse-engineered UFO technology will probably become
open-source.    :)

Later,
Glen Berry

( Remove the "7" from 7no### [at] ezwvcom to email me. )