POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering Question : Re: Rendering Question Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering Question
From: Jan Danielsson
Date: 18 Jun 1999 14:48:19
Message: <wnaqnavryffbasnyhaznvygryvnpbz.fdjbv51.pminews@news.povray.org>
>Please pardon the novice question.  Is there a limit to the size of an
>image POVRay can render.  I'm rendering an image of a chemical structure
>for an exhibit booth.   The image needs to be about 72 cm square.

Some time ago I was going to render an image at 1024x768 over night. I
started it, and expected it to be finished by morning (It only took a few
minutes at 640x480).

However, next morning it wasn't finished, and my harddrive was full. I had
run the commandline:
[d:\povray\scenes]povray +itest.pov +w1024 +h7688 +a

I'm guessing it wouldn't been a problem if the partition hadn't run out of
space.

Try rendering the scene with Quality set to one first.

 /j