POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems scaling media : Problems scaling media Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:31:31 EDT (-0400)
  Problems scaling media
From: Jan Danielsson
Date: 23 May 1999 06:45:18
Message: <wnaqnavryffbasnyhaznvygryvnpbz.fc6zo00.pminews@news.povray.org>
Howdy, everyone!

I'm having problems scaling Media and keeping it visible.

I have an 'frame-object' which contains a media, It looks as I want it to.
When I try to create another instance of the object, scale it and translate
it a little bit the media doesn't show. The 'frame' is still there, but it's
interior (the media) is not visible. However, I know the media's there since
I can see it's shadow on the plane.

If that wasn't clear: Imagine declaring a big lamp which glows with the help
of media. Create an instance of the object in a scene, and surround the big
lamp with identical (but smaller) lamps. In my case everything works great,
except that the smaller lamps' medias don't glow.

Any ideas? Doesn't the glow in media scale? :-)

 /j