POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flying sheets : Re: Flying sheets Server Time
27 Sep 2024 03:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flying sheets
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Sep 2024 10:40:00
Message: <web.66db13458fc05e2b4573577725979125@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I used the simplest method (maybe not the best):
> - Print the SDL code as a pdf
> - Converting pages to jpeg
> - UV mapping

> I'd thought of using a "text texture"*. Too many things to manage
> manually, such colors, line breaks...
> Very complicated and requires a lot of code, so I gave up.

> * : something like texture { pigment { object { text { ... } }

Yes, I was just wondering - because someone had posted a scene where they had
sort of written their own parser and used that to create a scene with properly
color-formatted text of an SDL scene.

Still can't find the post or the render.

It would be nice to have a copy-paste utility to do such a thing, because yes -
it's complicated and requires a lot of code to do text properly in SDL.

Maybe an OpenOffice macro would be the way to go...
Or a spreadsheet...

- BW