POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Raysnail - WIP, a probability based raytracer with (limited) support for PovRay SDL files : Re: The Raysnail - WIP, a probability based raytracer with (limited)suppor= Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Raysnail - WIP, a probability based raytracer with (limited)suppor=
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 18 Jul 2024 13:55:00
Message: <web.669955c543d5505df642b0d6f35e431@news.povray.org>
> Even better, 'stochastic' is also supported by version 3.8! I generally use:
>
> +am3 +a0.01 +ac0.90 +r3
>
> and in the radiosity block a count between 10 and 50
>
> varying +a, +ac and +r values increases/decreases the stochastic quality
> (and render time!).

Are we talking about the same thing here?

I was referring to the unbiased purely stochastic version of radiosity, which
was a significant change to the algorithm; I was under the impression that this
wouldn't end up in main POV-Ray in the form it was implemented in UberPOV. Maybe
I missed something, is this in v3.8 now, or are you referring to improvements to
sampling alone?

Bill