POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Equations of conic sections passing through user-specified points : Equations of conic sections passing through user-specified points Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Equations of conic sections passing through user-specified points
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 9 Jul 2024 10:55:00
Message: <web.668d4f1bbfdcfcebc103d2725979125@news.povray.org>
This is a topic that has come up before, and a recent request made me think that
we ought to have a collection of macros that handle most of the typical cases
that arrive when needing to arrange things along a given curve.

"Axis - aligned" curves in the standard orientation are fairly straightforward
to derive an equation, but rotated forms are quite a bit more challenging.

I'm posting this link as an excellent reference, and hoping that there will be
more resources and macros written to address this sort of need in the future.

https://www.anirdesh.com/math/algebra/parabola-rotation.php

- BW