POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Gaussian 2F1 Hypergeometric function : Re: Gaussian 2F1 Hypergeometric function Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:09:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gaussian 2F1 Hypergeometric function
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 23 Jun 2024 20:25:00
Message: <web.6678bc037cb6be781f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
2nd update:

I hacked my way through the 500+ lines of code, and left a trail of debugging
statements and "fixes".

zw is a complex variable that gets used but never assigned a value.   :|
Psi is a function that gets called, but the return value is never used.
Converting all of the #locals to #declares in the entire file doesn't alter any
global variables when Psi is called.
The argument to a certain Gamma function always winds up being negative, and
Gamma doesn't take negative arguments.

I tracked my values and finally restricted everything to +/- 10, and got 3
radial lines - - - that I recognized when implementing a "cheap" little gamma
approximation.

https://cplusplus.com/forum/general/255896/#msg1120994

So, having absorbed more know-how and with the necessary macros in hand, I
slightly altered it to take a complex Z argument, and got the same pattern.
Then I added a lot more points, and got my triangles!
Mostly.

The shapes are triangular, but they have that weird wiggle.

Anyway, it's a heck of a lot farther than I thought I'd make it for a weekend of
coding.

- BE

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hypergeometric conformal mapping.png' (165 KB)

Preview of image 'hypergeometric conformal mapping.png'
hypergeometric conformal mapping.png