POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : 3.8 macro parsing errors : Re: 3.8 macro parsing errors Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.8 macro parsing errors
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Jun 2024 15:50:00
Message: <web.6675d90e18d864b5475732ab25979125@news.povray.org>

> To my eyes and a quick check the parser was correct to complain. Without
> that 'extra' #end you have a missing #end statement in the code you
> posted. That 'extra' one fixed that, but Result ended up in the wrong
> spot - about which the compiler is also right to complain.

Ugh.  I really must have been reading straight through something.
I'll go over it again ASAP and try to see what I was missing.

> Parse Error:
> #declare of float, vector, and color identifiers require semi-colon ';'
> at end. As do equivalent #local identifier definitions and the #version
> setting. This error is sometimes issued where an #end statement
> incorrectly follows a floating, defined identifier. The problem may
> involve lines of prior code.
>
> Is that error message more helpful?

Better.  I'll have to read that again when I'm encountering it during my
testing/editing.

> I see Kelumden answered your C++ question (Thank you). Apologies. I
> spaced that you'd asked it.

Totally fine.   I constantly have things drop off the stack when I'm trying to
compose a long list of ideas and/or responses.

> 2) When really stumped on #end matching,
 . . .
> When lucky, mistakes will immediately be highlighted in red.

I will try some version of that - thanks!

 - BW