POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : 3.8 macro parsing errors : 3.8 macro parsing errors Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  3.8 macro parsing errors
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 20 Jun 2024 19:50:00
Message: <web.6674bff08a6ffbab1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to port some c++ over to SDL so that I can use the Gamma function to
implement the version of the Beta function based on that.

original code:
https://www.johndcook.com/Gamma.cpp

Using v 3.8, I get "end of file found, but #end expected" even though I went
through the code 7+ times and every opening statement was matched with a
corresponding #end.

So I added a token #end, and got an error that it didn't recognize TestGamma,
which is a macro name.

So I set the scene to v 3.5 and got a bunch of weird ; errors
and now it's not recognizing #local declared variables.

This parser has some major problems if I can't write some simple macros.

Can anyone confirm?
debug?
provide a sane and function workaround?

- BW