POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bocce - WIP : Re: Bocce - WIP Server Time
4 Oct 2024 20:55:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bocce - WIP
From: Chris R
Date: 14 Jun 2024 09:35:00
Message: <web.666c46132d85bd69a40969eb5cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
MichaelJF <fri### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> Am 12.06.2024 um 22:09 schrieb Chris R:
> > "Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> >> Close-up view of a scene I am working on of a bocce court.
> >>
> >> -- Chris R
> >
> > Here's the wider view.  Still working on some details.
> >
> > -- Chris R
> Very nice start! The balls look great. IMO, in the first picture their
> texture is better emphasised by the lighting. In the second image,
> nature could do with more irregularities, especially the wheat.
>
> Best regards
> Michael

Thanks!  The only difference between the two images is the camera location and
the focus point, so I'm a bit puzzled why the close-up is so much darker, (and
better).  I'm playing with changing the time of day or just reducing the
brightness of the sun for the second view to get better lighting on the bocce
balls.

The wheat is a mesh object generated by Arbaro.  I'll have to go back and see if
the model included enough variance.  Otherwise I may have to generate a few
smaller wheats with different random seeds and merge them together.

-- Chris R