POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought : Re: Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought Server Time
27 Jul 2024 14:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought
From: Jonathan Bush
Date: 7 Jun 2024 18:25:00
Message: <web.6663876be8b973146e558a71fde6c206@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Jonathan Bush" <djb### [at] gmxcom> wrote:
> > Okay I will try to build 3.8 on my machine. This may take a day or so.
>
> rename your existing to 'povray37' or something first, else the installation
> will overwrite the existing.
>

> > I will then modify my source for L01game and get back to you.
>
> you should not have to modify anything; it is fine to have scenes with a lower
> '#version'.  let us know what trouble, if any, you encounter with that 'text{}'.
>
> I had a very quick look at the archive, and fwiw, the naming is .. strange.  the
> 'povray.{conf,ini}' files, whether system-wide or personal, are meant to be
> "static".  your "povray.ini" ought to be called 'L01game.ini', really.  is there
> a particular reason for not using that ?
>

> regards, jr.

That's the convention I have been following. Every distinct povray project I do
has its own folder which contains a povray.ini file. I just always edit
povray.ini when I want to change resolution or framerate. Is this wrong? Wrong,
I am concerned about. Strange, not so much.

Meanwhile there is only one povray.conf file which now sits in
/usr/local/etc/povray/3.8 and requires superuser access to edit. And I have in
fact edited it already, to allow my post-frame command to work.

I have a question about the error message Yesbird encountered. It says "possible
parse error" but I don't find any difference in the 3.8 user manual in its
description of a text object. I also do not see the error message say that the
render halted. Was the render halted? If not, why not let it run and see what
happens?