POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought : Re: Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought Server Time
27 Jul 2024 14:32:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought
From: jr
Date: 7 Jun 2024 13:50:00
Message: <web.6663477ae8b97314869a24876cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Jonathan Bush" <djb### [at] gmxcom> wrote:
> Okay I will try to build 3.8 on my machine. This may take a day or so.

rename your existing to 'povray37' or something first, else the installation
will overwrite the existing.

> I will then modify my source for L01game and get back to you.

you should not have to modify anything; it is fine to have scenes with a lower
'#version'.  let us know what trouble, if any, you encounter with that 'text{}'.

I had a very quick look at the archive, and fwiw, the naming is .. strange.  the
'povray.{conf,ini}' files, whether system-wide or personal, are meant to be
"static".  your "povray.ini" ought to be called 'L01game.ini', really.  is there
a particular reason for not using that ?

regards, jr.