POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought : Re: Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought Server Time
27 Jul 2024 12:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought
From: Jonathan Bush
Date: 7 Jun 2024 10:55:00
Message: <web.66631e0ae8b973146e558a71fde6c206@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 07/06/2024 16:42, Jonathan Bush wrote:
> > This is great! Thank you for providing this service. ...
>
> Welcome :).
> I've just started the rendering (yes, server under Ubuntu) and it
> see how black frames are filling  <...>\frames4K\animated directory with
> speed about ~100 frames per 6 minutes.
> Are you animating "Black square" of Kazimir Malevich? :)
>
> > Yes, I suppose not many people have a 4K monitor. I don't. But that's a feature
> > of YouTube right? I upload a 3840x2160 video and they generate lower resolution
> > options such as 2560x1440 and 1920x1080, all with the same 16:9 aspect ratio. Am
> > I correct?
> Yes, absolutely, but you can save a rendering time if will prepare 1440p
> only.
> --
> YB

The first 420 frames are static, to be replaced by a file exported from
Inkscape. Then there are 180 static frames which POVray needs to generate only
once.
Then come 9300 animated frames.
Finally the last 780 frames are static, which POVray generates only once.
So it may be challenging to make an accurate estimate how long it will all take.