POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought : Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought Server Time
1 Sep 2024 02:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Best render farm? Also You Tube upload advice sought
From: Jonathan Bush
Date: 7 Jun 2024 02:25:00
Message: <web.6662a706e13a47386e558a71fde6c206@news.povray.org>
I generated the frames for a 3-minute video at 720x405 resolution and 12 fps,
which took just under 8 hours on my machine. I estimate the same video frames at
4k and 60 fps would take me more than a month of execution time.

Can anyone recommend a render farm which works with POVray 3.7 and offers high
quality and a good deal for the money? I don't think a subscription service is
what I want. I just want to process this one video, and I will consider a
subscription later.

I intend to upload a video to You Tube. I'm not sure precisely what format they
prefer. I assume that I just send them the 4k version and the system will
generate lower resolution options. All my still frames are in png format. The
video will include a free music file which just happens to be 3 minutes long.

Thanks for any clue.